CCE maintains two, 400 square-foot garden plots in the Experimental College Gardens on campus. The garden is overseen by the Vermicomposting and Workshop Director with additional oversight and development by two garden interns. The gardens are used to produce a seasonal vegetable harvest, as well as an educational space to teach the campus community about garden techniques, practical applications and benefits of using compost, and to provide beneficial pollinator services and habitat for bees. The food we grow will be prepared for use at a CCE potluck at the end of each quarter, which all are welcome to join in. Additionally, the interns host a quarterly garden workshop on various topics, such as a container herb garden workshop and many more. Please check the calendar for upcoming events.
Interested in interning as a CCE Garden Intern? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to check quarterly availability.
OTHER GARDENING OPPORTUNITIES ON CAMPUS
- Experimental College Gardens: rent your own garden plot!
- Student Farm Market Garden, volunteering and internships available
- Student Farm Ecological Garden, volunteering and internships available
- Segundo Resident Garden, volunteering and internships available
- Pomology Salad Bowl Garden
- Botanical Orchard Gardens, volunteering
- Arboretum Internships
- Arboretum Teaching Nursery Internships
- Edible Landscape Internships